The Jewel Of Borneo
Escape to nature in the heart of Borneo where remote is the new luxury
Nestled deep in the valley of a 130 million-year-old Bornean rainforest Lodge. Surrounded by vast lowland primary rainforest is home to a rich diversity of tropical flora fauna and provides an ecological support to a host of wildlife unique to this ancient habitat. Built sustainably to be closer to the delicate natural environment of this pristine rainforest makes this destination a truly amazing escape.
In The Beginning
The unfolding of this hidden gem of Borneo started back in the late 1980’s by a renown explorer and devoted environmentalist Dr. Clive Wallis Marsh. Undisturbed by civilisation, Danum Valley is an ecological treasure that was long recognised for its importance in scientific studies which led to the discovery for sustainable high-end eco-tourism. In 1994, Borneo Rainforest Lodge opened its door to the world to fully experience the biodiversity of this amazing 130 million year old rainforest.
There are four different ways to experience your stay at Borneo Rainforest Lodge. All 3 villas and 27 individual chalets with ensuite bathroom surrounded by lush jungle greenery in an opulent setting is a perfect retreat getaway. Design to impart exceptional comfort and convenience in the most inspiring location that incites all senses.
Our Commitment To Excellence
- TripAdvisor: Travellers’ Choice 2021
- TripAdvisor: Travellers’ Choice 2020
- Sabah Tourism Awards: Excellence in Hotel Services, Nature Lodge
- Sabah Tourism Awards: Most Promising Tour Guide
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2019
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2017
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2016
- PATA Tourism InSPIRE Awards: Best Responsible Tourism Destination
- TripAdvisor: Hall of Fame (2011 -2015)
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Sabah Tourism Awards: Best Inbound Tour Package (4 Days / 3 Nights Stay at Luxury Villa @ Borneo Rainforest Lodge, Danum Valley)
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2014
- 27th ASEANTA Awards of Excellence: Best Asean New Tourist Attraction – Canopy Walkway at Danum Valley Conservation Area.
- Malaysia Tourism Awards: Best Hotel Services (3 Star Resort)
- Malaysia Tourism Awards: Best Tour Package – Luxury Tourism (Borneo Nature Tours)
- Malaysia Tourism Awards: Best Tourist Attraction – Natural Attraction / Eco-Tourism / Agro Tourism
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2013
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2012
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2011